David Takahashi for Boulder City Council: Building Bridges to a Livable Future
Why I Am Running
I am running for Boulder City Council as an enthusiastic champion of climate! My concern is that Boulder is not reacting as needed to the rapid and radical changes we are now experiencing firsthand. Furthermore, I am concerned about the lack of transparency in our local government and its partnership with residents.
I have spent the last few years sharing this knowledge with the greater community. However, I believe we are just experiencing the beginning of what we will see in the near future.
In my own home, I have worked to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 87% in under four years concerning energy use, waste, and transportation and have decreased water use significantly.
As your Councilmember, I pledge to provide open and strategic leadership, always listen and respond to residents, and work tirelessly to assure all residents are part of the city decision-making process. The time to act is now. We need elected representatives who are committed to looking at realistic and doable solutions.
Talking about change isn’t enough.
If elected, I will:
- Laying the groundwork for a Carbon Neutral City by the year 2050
- Us toward an economy that works for everyone
- The emerging Network Economy by offering Community Broadband
- Walkable, affordable housing that enables teachers, nurses, first responders, and the working middle to live and thrive in Boulder
- Your voices are heard and are part of the solution
- The availability of affordable alternative transportation modalities
Sierra Club, Indian Peaks Group
I hope to hear from you about what is important to you. I look forward to working with you.
It’s our future; what we do today will affect us tomorrow.